Home Remodeling Goes Virtual with Zillow Digs
Zillow, a site consumers use to research home listings and values, recently expanded its offerings to include Zillow Digs, a service catered towards home remodeling. Zillow Digs allows homeowners who are planning to remodel their home the ability to view, save and comment on their favorite images in a similar fashion to Pinterest and Houzz. On the flip side, home remodeling and other related businesses can upload photos of remodeling projects and include details such as what type of space it is and how much it would cost to replicate.
From a business standpoint, this is yet another indispensible tool for driving traffic and creating leads. As a business, you should also complete your personal profile with as many details as possible. This way, if a homeowner really falls in love with a room you created, they will know how to get in touch with you to have you help them create their dream space.
Here’s a quick overview of setting up your Zillow Digs business account:
- Log into your existing Zillow account, or sign up for one. If you’re a professional, be sure to check the appropriate boxes and fill in your professional profile as completely as possible.
- Once logged in, visit the Digs tab.
- You will see three view options along the top left: Browse, Friends and My Digs. To add your content, click on My Digs.
- On the right hand of the screen you will see options to create new boards, edit boards or send an email.
- Before creating your boards, think about what you want them to be. For instance, you might consider creating boards for each of the projects you’ve done, or instead, you could create whole boards devoted to different spaces in the home.
- When you’re ready, click create new board and fill in the information including the board title, project neighborhood or address if applicable and information about the project. You can also select which files you would like to add to the board from your website or your computer.
- As the images load, you will be able to add more information below each individual photo including a caption, the type of space, the style and the cost. You can also rearrange the images in the order you would like them to be displayed.
- To go back to a board you’ve already created and add more details, simply click on the board you would like to edit and then click edit board.
- Once you’ve created boards and uploaded images, be sure to explore what others have added to the site and find users to follow.
Want to see a cool example of a Zillow Digs account for businesses? Be sure to check out Cardinal Construction.
If your business wants to create a Zillow Digs profile that will really “wow” homeowners or for more information, contact Marketing RELEVANCE.