The full podcast is available at BuilderRadio, but we’ll cut straight to the chase with Carol’s top five areas that businesses should pay attention to:
1. Branding – Review branding across all sites, making sure that your company’s logo matches across sites, and match the logo on your website. Get with a graphic designer to ensure that your logo is sized/shaped appropriately for each site.
2. Content Strategy – Social media requires a focused and well laid-out strategy. Create a plan for content on your website, blog and social media sites. Include promotions, incentives, events, company news and more. Vary your content between photos, videos, infographics, shares, news articles, press, etc.
3. Frequency of Use – Your plan should also define how often you post. The more frequently you post, the better. Try to update your social media sites daily, or at least every few days.
4. Followers and Interactions – Make sure that your content is fun and worth following. Just posting updates isn’t enough; you need interaction from your followers (shares, likes, etc.), so post content that they WANT to see.
5. Goals and Measurement – Set objectives for your social media plan. Stay away from fuzzy goals by defining specific, measurable goals regarding your social media efforts. Do you want more traffic to your model homes? Do you want people to contact you using your website? In your plan, spell out measurable outcomes, that include who will implement your social media tactics and within a specific timeframe, and how you will measure each one (by tracking things like website clicks, completed contact forms, clicks for directions and clicks to call, etc.).
Carol is the author of Social Media 3.0 and knows that social media is an incredibly effective tactic in a strategic marketing program, for businesses of all types and sizes, and knows what it takes to make a successful social media program. For more information on how to incorporate social media into your overall marketing program, contact Carol and the Marketing RELEVANCE team at 770-383-3360 or online at MarketingRELEVANCE.com