mRELEVANCE, LLC sponsored an interview with former Chief Evangelist of Apple, Guy Kawasaki about the topics his two latest books — social media practices and start-up tips. Managing partner of mRELEVANCE, Carol Morgan, joined Todd Schnick from the InterpidNOW podcast to interview one of the most successful WOMM professionals in the industry.
Along with being a best-selling author and speaker, Guy is currently the Chief Evangelist for Canva. He was an executive fellow at the Haas School of Business at U.C. Berkeley and an advisor to the Motorola business unit of Google. In addition to the two books discussed on the podcast, Guy authored a book called Enchantment along with 10 other books. He has a BA from Stanford University, an MBA from UCLA and an honorary doctorate from Babson College.
On the IntrepidNOW podcast, Carol, Todd and Guy break down and overview his two books called The Art of Social Media and The Art of the Start 2.0.
They discuss questions and ideas within the book The Art of Social Media, which include:
- Why does the world need another book on social media?
- With social media, how do you get the most “bang” for your time, effort, and money?
- Why do you suggest a bottom-up approach to social media?
- Social media as a marketing platform.
- The keys to building the right foundation.
- What is better? An active presence on ALL platforms? Or mastery of just a few?
- Is there a different strategy when considering B2C vs. B2B?
They also discuss ideas within his book The Art of the Start 2.0:
- Why did you write Start 2.0, and what are all of the major changes that have happened since you published the first edition: social media, crowdfunding, cloud computing, to name a few.
- Do you need a business plan anymore?
- Do you still need PR and advertising?
- With regards to startups, what are the fundamentals that have NOT changed?
The discussion is filled with lively dialogue and valuable knowledge. Listeners will gain insight from a guru in the realm of marketing, advertising, PR, start-ups and more.
To listen to the full podcast, play the widget at the top of this post or go to www.IntrepidNOW.com.
The IntrepidNOW Network is a destination for news, feature interviews and original content for business, healthcare and lifestyle. Todd Schnick, Editor-In-Chief of IntrepidNOW, is a media and marketing strategist, writer and distance runner. Todd’s goal is to help his clients create and leverage media to educate and move their markets.
Making this episode possible, mRELEVANCE is a full-service marketing, communication and interactive agency with the goal of driving traffic, generating leads and proving ROI to its clients. For more information about our company or services, contact us online or like us on Facebook!