Still wondering why you should have a blog? Whether you are a home builder, small business, university, non-profit attraction, community or a development, here are the 5 reasons WHY you should have a blog.
1) Your blog is the horsepower behind your social networking program. Building a social media program without a blog is like trying to drive a car without an engine.
2) Search Engine Optimization. A well-built blog with an effective social media optimization program provides valuable search engine optimization for your main Web site in terms of increased keywords and links. The more keywords and links you have, the easier it is for search engines to find you.
3) Blogging provides a relaxed voice for your company. Unlike a corporate site, a blog encourages conversation and interaction. Blogging is a great way to get a pulse on what your buyers are thinking. For the nay-sayers – wouldn’t you rather have your unhappy customer commenting on your blog than starting their own?
4) Your blog is one of the cornerstones of your online brand and reputation. Have you Googled your name? Do you like what you see? What is on your first page of SERPs – search engine results page? Do you only see your Web site? What else is there? A well-built blog will help to populate your page one results.
5) Increase Traffic! An interesting, informative, effectively built blog will attract followers and the search engines, as well as send traffic to your Web site. Blogs typically are seen on traffic reports as a top five referral source with high time on site. Who doesn’t want more qualified traffic?