Writers block? Don’t worry, it affects every content manager. But you don’t need to stress. We’ve compiled 25 awesome ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
1. QUOTES: Humorous, inspiring or motivational quotes always perform well.
2. BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOS: Take candid shots of yourself, your employees, or snap a shot of your office or workspace.
3. STATISTICS OR DATA: Share new, relevant industry statistics (these perform great in terms of retweets and shares).
4. LINK TO AN OLD BLOG POST: There’s nothing wrong with recycling, and old posts will gain new engagement, extending their life.
5. INFOGRAPHICS: Find or create an infographic your followers would appreciate.
6. PHOTOS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR BUSINESS: Instead, they convey the feeling behind your brand. For instance, how Starbucks shares photos on Instagram to associate their brand with sunshine, warmth, and good friends (not just coffee).
7. ASK FOR REVIEWS OR TESTIMONIALS: Asking for reviews from fans or followers is one of the best ways to get testimonials you can use as social proof on your website.
8. FAN PHOTOS: Search for hashtags related to your business or products, and share a customer photo on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
9. LINK TO YOUR MOST POPULAR BLOG POST: Give a brief intro to the post and explain why it’s your most read/shared post.
10. SHARE RANDOM TIPS: Periodically post a random tip or trick your followers would find useful. Hint: using random tip numbers adds interest to your post (e.g. Tip #256: __________)
11. COMIC OR MEME: Getting your customers to laugh with you is a great way to start building relationships.
12. YOUTUBE VIDEO: Find a cute or inspirational video and promote it to your fans or followers.
13. BREAKING INDUSTRY NEWS: Stay on stop of what’s going on in your industry or niche by using Google Alerts.
14. PROFILE AN EMPLOYEE: Show the human side of your business and let your followers know they’re dealing with real people.
15. CELEBRATE ODD HOLIDAYS: For instance, did you know that November 30th is Computer Security Day? Use a tool like National Day Calendar to find out what today’s holiday is.
16. PICTURES FROM A RECENT INDUSTRY EVENT: Don’t forget to use the event hashtag for maximum exposure.
17. EXPERT INSIGHTS INTO A TOPIC: This helps show you as a thought leader in your field.
18. LINK TO A BLOG COMMENT: Have a particularly helpful or controversial comment on your blog? Post a link and get your fans and followers to weigh in.
19. USE YOUR WEBSITE ANALYTICS TO FIND CONTENT IDEAS: Take a quick look through your analytics to find out which topics generate the most interest from your audience.
20. AN OPINION: Your followers want to know you stand for something; don’t be afraid to take sides on an issue (as long as you can and do stand behind your views).
21. PROMOTE A FREE DOWNLOAD: This could be a plugin, white paper, e-book or anything else that would be useful for your audience.
22. AWARDS OR ACCOLADES YOU’VE RECEIVED: Do this carefully…the idea is to build trust, not to brag.
23. INDUSTRY RESEARCH: Post a link to and synopsis of research your fans would find useful.
24. TRENDING GOOGLE SEARCH: Visit Google’s Top Charts to find out what people are currently searching forgive your own spin on one of these topics.
25. ‘CAPTION THIS’: Post a photo and ask your fans to come up with creative or funny captions.
Still at a loss of how to keep the content flowing on a consistent basis? Not to worry, contact us at marketingrelevance.com or 847-259-7312. We’re happy to help get you started and keep you moving.