Ever wondered why your website isn't showing up at the top of a Google search? Here are some common mistakes people make when it comes to search engine optimization:
1. Your website wasn't built with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in mind in the initial design process and is missing key components that Google and other search engines look for.
2. Assuming your website was built to be search engine optimized, if your website doesn't have enough unique content to demonstrate to Google you should be ranked on the first page, you won't rank where you want to be.
3. Your website has been a part of a negative (blackhat) SEO campaign. For example, finding your website on a bad directory and link farm websites or using keyword stuffing techniques to try to trick the search engines to rank you higher illegitimately.
4. Your website is built in Flash or designed as an "Online Brochure" where most of the website is made up of images instead of text. Search engines historically have had a hard time reading these types of websites and often rank them very low.
5. Your website is not linked to from enough external websites other than your own to prove to Google that visitors find your information valuable and as a result, rank you higher.
For more information or for help with your SEO needs, contact Marketing RELEVANCE.