General Rules of Thumb:
- You’ll have better results posting on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: The highest spike in website traffic tends to happen on these days. These seem to be the best days to distribute eblasts as well.
- Avoid posting on Saturdays: People are far less active on Saturdays. Why? How do you like to spend your time on the weekend: researching potential new companies to follow or spending time with family and friends?
- Holidays tend to be slow traffic days: From opening presents to grilling out or just relaxing, your key audience will be consumed with the festivities of the day and unlikely to stop by your site.
- Post based on time zones: Stagger your content among different time zones. Not everyone keeps the same schedule as you do.
- Best times: Between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. or 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. keeping in mind that the west coast is up much later!
In the end, the best time to post is when traffic is the highest. You can determine when the most traffic visits your website by reviewing your website analytics and tracking report.
Need help coming up with an Internet marketing or social media program? mRELEVANCE can help you determine what to post, when to post and where to post your information.