This has been a popular question lately, so I thought I’d answer it on the blog to serve as a quick reference for anyone having trouble loading video onto a Word Press blog. Here is a quick 5 step process for loading video into your Word Press blog:
- Load the video into your YouTube account. Make sure you add appropriate tags and a description so that you get the maximum syndication value from YouTube.
- Click on the YouTube embed code and copy the code. The code will look something like this: <object width=”640″ height=”385″><param name=”movie” value=”http://www.youtube.com/v/LKiOQ9yG7xQ&hl=en_US&fs=1″></param><param name=”allowFullScreen” value=”true”></param><param name=”allowscriptaccess” value=”always”></param><embed src=”http://www.youtube.com/v/LKiOQ9yG7xQ&hl=en_US&fs=1″ type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” width=”640″ height=”385″></embed></object>
- Within the body of your blog post, switch to the HTML view and past the video where you want it to appear.
- Go back to the Visual editor and your should see a square where the video will appear.
- Add appropriate key word rich copy and click publish to enjoy watching your video.