When asked to predict the future, most of us don’t even know where to start. Considering that many of us can’t even remember what we’re supposed to do a week from now, let alone 10 years from now. However, results from a recent report by the MediaSchool Group give us an insight into what marketers predict their industry will be like in 2023.
Here is a look at some of the most interesting predictions:
- 90 percent believe specialized agencies will no longer exist, and that full-service agencies offering advertising, direct, social, digital and PR will be the norm.
- 81 percent believe content marketing would be an essential part of their job.
- 68 percent disagreed or strongly disagreed that TV advertising would be “irrelevant” in 10 years time.
- 70 percent believe advertising’s main purpose will be to entertain, not to sell.
Not all of the findings were just predicting the future, though. In fact, here’s a look at a few numbers that are relevant in today’s society:
- 90 percent think that social media is a channel that all marketers should use, and that it is not a “stand-alone” discipline.
- 77 percent think Facebook is the most important social media tool for reaching 20-25 year olds today.
- 60 percent view Twitter as an advertising medium.
- 70 percent think that the generation of employees 10 years from now will be the true “digital natives.”
If you’re looking for a full-service marketing agency that is ahead of its time, consider Marketing RELEVANCE. Our team of 18 is skilled at creating comprehensive marketing strategies that are effective for clients . From implementing social media marketing plans and public relations strategies to website development and search engine optimization, we are dedicated to making all of your marketing RELEVANT.