Advertising money shouldn’t go to waste. Find out how to run effective digital advertising campaigns during, “Show Me the Money: Digital Advertising.” This webinar is part of the 2016 #GR8 Relevant Marketing webinar series and it takes place on August 23 from 2 to 3 p.m. ET. Tactics for #GR8 digital advertising, and return on investment (ROI) will be top of mind during the webinar. Learn how to spend money wisely and set goals for advertising success. The mRELEVANCE team will discuss pay per click, Facebook ads and advertising networks. Get tips from Doug Silk, SEO specialist and Courtney Rogers, account manager. Unlike past webinars, this webinar will feature our extended Q&A format, allowing you plenty of time to submit your top advertising questions. Submit them in advance to [email protected], and then be ready to ask even more as they come up during the webinar!
There are many factors that go into creating an effective PPC (pay per click) campaign including budget, reach, competition and keywords. Knowing how to bid and how to adjust both keywords and bidding is part art and part science. Doug Silk will show you how to evaluate:
- The effectiveness of keywords
- How relevant the ad is to the landing page it sends searchers to
- The success of the ad based on click-through rate and other goals (click to call, completed contact forms, clicks for directions, etc.)
- How much you should spend each month
Lots of sites provide Targeted Display Advertising including Facebook, Instagram and various advertising networks. The ability to target behaviorally, geographically and by content is what makes these networks popular and effective. Additionally, ads can run on desktop, smartphone or tablet devices. Target and then retarget those who click on the ad or show interest. Of course, you need to have the right message. The right message combined with the target market and right platforms equals success and sales.
Learn more about targeting and what it takes to generate awareness, interest, intent and consideration. Doug and Courtney will introduce the consideration funnel.
To prepare for our webinar, brush up on these terms.
- Contextual – Ads that are placed on a site because they are a similar subject. For instance, the Google ads that run on Atlanta Real Estate Forum are typically ads for mortgages, home builders, remodeling or other home services.
- Placement – A specific group of ad units – as broad as an entire website or as specific as a single ad unit.
- Remarketing – You know how this works…you visit a website to buy a product – whether it is Target or a builder’s site – and then voila, everywhere you go you see that ad.
- Similar Audiences – For instance, if your audience is a 55-plus buyer, you might look at sites where that audience is likely to go – AARP, travel sites, retirement sites, etc.
- In-Market Audiences – Ads that appear on sites in your local market.
- Interest – Active lifestyle, fitness, dog parks, wine, beer, etc. If you were building an equestrian community, you might want to target equestrian publications.
- Affinity – Typically mixing interest segments along with ads that relate to those interests. For example: I am looking to attract buyers with dogs to my community with a dog walk, so I will advertise on Petsmart.
- Demographic – This includes age, social class and gender.
- Topic – What are you selling? Chocolate, wine, services, new homes, rentals, etc.
- Geographic – There are lots of options – large, small, zoned, fenced, zip code targeted.
- Language – If you sell to multicultural buyers, run ads in relevant languages.
Relevant Marketing Webinars are free and open to business owners and marketing professionals who are looking to gain knowledge on the hottest topics, issues and trends to enhance their marketing efforts. To register for this and future webinars, visit www.MarketingRELEVANCE.com/webinars or GoToWebinar. Be sure to use the hashtag #GR8mRELWebinars when promoting online.
Remaining 2016 Relevant Marketing webinar dates and topics are listed below:
September 20 — Content is King in the SEO World
October 18 — Puzzle Building: Marketing Goal Setting
Online interaction and engagement is important in all forms, so be sure to interact with us online via our website www.MarketingRelevance.com. Engage with us on Facebook and on Twitter at @mRELEVANCE.