One-third of adult Internet users have a profile on a social networking site, and baby boomers are one of the the fastest growing demographics embracing social media. Find out how an effective social media marketing program can help increase your leads, build advocates and increase brand awareness.
- At present there are approximately 78.2 million baby boomers (born between 1946 and 1964) – www.census.gov
- Boomers comprise almost 28 percent of the US adult population – www.census.gov
- More than 60% of Baby Boomers actively consume social content such as blogs, videos, podcasts and forums. (Forrester Research)
- Only 10 percent of Americans age 65 and older participate in social networks, but that number is quickly growing. From “Tools of Engagement” on the www.ALFA.org site.
- In June, the media measurement firm comScore reported that Internet use was growing nearly twice as fast among people 65 and older than any other age group.
• Better understanding of available social media tools and how to utilize them for a competitive advantage
• How to target 50+ homebuyers through effective use of social media.
• Steps to launch an effective social media program and/or ways to improve an existing one.
Join Carol Flammer and Meredith Oliver for “Social Networking: Using Facebook, Blogs and New Media to Market 50+ Communities” at the International Builders Show on Thursday, January 21 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in North 256, level 2.