Looking for ways to “Rev up Your Social Media”? Pinterest is an image sharing social media site that has quickly won over the hearts of more than 25 million users; however, many businesses are still skeptical about the benefits of using it. Pinterest recently added analytics, a tool that makes the site much more measurable by brands. There is a verification process you will need to complete to gain access to analytics.
Here’s how to verify your site:
- Log into your Pinterest account, click on your profile name and select “settings.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page to where your website URL should already be entered. To the right, you will see a verify website button.
- Click on the verify website button. A new page with instructions will open.
- Download the HTML file and save it to an easily accessible location.
- Upload the file to your domain’s server. Be sure to place it on your main domain and not a sub-folder.
- Once you have done that, go back to the Verify Website page and click on the “Click here to complete process” link.
- If you have completed the steps successfully, you will see a red circle with a check mark.
- Go to your profile page, and you will see your full URL with the same circle and red check mark next to it.
While verifying your website is great for driving traffic, engagement and SEO, the real treat is the access to the analytics section of the site. The new analytics tool allows you to track how many people have pinned content from your sites, how many people have visited your sites from Pinterest and how many Pinterest impressions your content has generated. Furthermore, you can see the most recent pins from your website and your site’s most popular pins.
By looking at these numbers, you will be able to learn the type of content your followers are engaging with, and this means you can post more of what they like, ultimately making you a smarter Pinterest user. For example, if your most post popular pins and click throughs come from beautifully designed kitchens, infographics you’ve created or tips posts, you’ll know to use more of these topics in the future.
Ready to get down to the business of Pinterest? Contact Marketing RELEVANCE. Our talented social media team can create and manage an effective, attractive Pinterest page that not only drives traffic, but also increases engagement. For more ways to “Rev up Your Social Media” purchase Carol Morgan’s new book “Social Media 3.0” from www.MyHomePress.com.