The stats on mobile are impressive. Here are a few stats from rotationmedia.net to get you thinking about today’s buyer:
- 64 percent of American adults own a smartphone.
- The average person looks at their phone about 60 times per day.
- Mobile phone users have their phone within an arm’s reach 14 hours per day.
- 70% of Americans like to receive Mobile Offers.
- Mobile Offers are 10 times more likely to be redeemed than traditional advertising or coupons and three times more likely than email coupons.
- 97% of all text messages or Mobile Offers are read within 4.5 minutes.
- Mobile marketing campaigns are opted out less than 5% of the time.
- 22% of Mobile Offers are shared with at least 1 friend.
- 75% of people prefer to receive Mobile Offers over any other form of call to action.
- 15% of Americans own a smartphone and have a limited number of ways to get online other than their cell phone (and this number is growing among younger adults)
You really have to think about mobile marketing in a different way; it is unlike traditional marketing and nothing like what you have done before. Please, write this down, here is the first very important note to take. Are you ready? Mobile is not as simple as saying ‘people can get to my website and social sites on their smart phone, so I am using mobile effectively.’
Understand this: mobile is different and requires a different strategy, with different tactics and different goals and objectives. Your mobile strategy must address how consumers require more immediate responses, instant gratification and a specific experience built just for them. And your company, to gain competitive advantage, needs to provide high response rates. These are demanded by mobile users!
Think mobile first. Mobile devices are most people’s preferred method of reading. I know I am guilty of reading the news, my email and looking at Facebook before I even get out of bed in the morning. So, how do you ensure that all of your social media profiles and posts are maximized for mobile? Well, here are a few tips:
- Look at your profiles and sites from a mobile phone on a regular basis
- Post lots of images to catch their attention. It is a tiny screen and text is hard to read, so make sure to give them a hook. Make sure your images are eye-catching and sharable!
- Same goes for graphics. Include graphics to promote your products and make them fun and sharable.
- Feature important news. Both Facebook and Twitter allow stories to be pinned prominently to the top of a page. Use this to showcase things that are important, but don’t forget to change them periodically!
- Take advantage of the FREE billboard. All of the social media sites have cover images. Make sure to change yours frequently and include your promotions, incentives and a Call to Action.
- Don’t forget the videos. On Facebook it is important to upload them directly to the site so that they play in the stream versus your readers having to click to watch them elsewhere.
Mobile is how we communicate and how we do business. Make sure you have gone mobile too.
For more information on maximizing your mobile presence, contact mRELEVANCE at 770-383-3360 visit www.MarketingRELEVANCE.com.