The Top 5 Marketing Mistakes Home Builders Must Avoid:
These top five essentials are simple, but do take a little time.
- In general, home builders do not have an overall marketing program. Marketing budgets have been cut so much that builders aren't putting together marketing plans.
- No Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Home builders should find out if their company can be found when its name is Googled.
- Builders are not "pimping" their online listings. Take the time to make sure your listings are attractive and clean.
- No interaction on social networking sites. Home builders have the social media accounts, but no one is monitoring or interacting with them.
- Home builders are building a social networking program without a blog.
Now that you realize the importance of social media and know what mistakes to avoid, what's next? Carol offers four important factors home builders should consider before implementing a social media program.
- Are you really committed to maintaining the social media program?
- Identify your team: agent, marketing director, a builder's spouse. Then decide if you're committed to training your team.
- What's the overall social media plan and how does this work into your marketing plan?
- Does your company have a social media policy in place?
By determining your commitment to your company's to creating a social media plan and working to avoid the top five mistakes, home builders can create a social media program that will enhance their success.
To hear the full interview with Carol Flammer, visit the Investment Real Estate Corner website.