If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a video worth? Did you know that 10 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute? And YouTube has 300 million users worldwide viewing hundreds of millions of videos each day? People love to share video, so why not shoot a video of your new home or community today?
Brokers, agents, builders, communities, developers and others in the real estate industry are utilizing video to share their messages. Davidson Realty, Inc showcases the beautiful resort community The Neighborhoods of World Golf Village on YouTube. Visit their channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidsonRealtyInc
Here are our Top Tips for Real Estate Video:
- You can’t “make” your video viral – good content will make them viral
- Keep it short – ideally 90 seconds to 2 minutes
- Video doesn’t have to be professionally shot (but your photos do)
- Get a Flip camera or use your iPhone
- Post all of your virtual tours
- Shoot quick house tours for out-of-town clients
- Get your homeowners to participate and shoot videos
- Research – look at what other companies are doing
Promoting your Video:
- Post it to YouTube, make sure to use appropriate tags
- Upload it to your Facebook page, Web site and blog
- Make sure to include it in emails and email marketing
Setting Up your YouTube Account:
To join You Tube, simply visit the web site and click on the “Sign Up” link in the top right corner of the home page. Follow the steps and click “Create my Account.” It’s important to know that your username will be used for the URL of your profile.
Now you can begin uploading videos! Give each video a title and description as well as a few tags to help Google and visitors find the video with the relevant search terms. In addition to posting videos, you can subscribe to other You Tube user profiles and join various groups. You can also update your profile with more detailed information about yourself.
If you need help setting up your YouTube site or other social media sites, contact mRELEVANCE today for help! Subscribe to our YouTube channel and become our friend http://www.youtube.com/user/mRELEVANCE