Much like "Where's Waldo," searching for people at the NAHB International Builders' Show (IBS) in Vegas is sometimes tricky. From the sea of attendees to the thousands of exhibitors, it's hard to see and do everything.
That's why we've put together a guide of where to find the mRELEVANCE team at IBS. Mitch Levinson, Carol Morgan, Laura Craft and Dave Stiles will all be attending IBS 2015. Here’s the schedule:
Pre-Show: Sunday, January 18
• Principles of Residential Marketing: Strategy & Implementation. Mitch is teaching Part II of this IRM continuing education course (Part I must be taken online prior to Part II) at the Encore Hotel in Las Vegas. From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., attendees will begin development of an actual marketing plan, determine staffing and sales environment needs, learn about effective hiring, evaluation and compensation and more.
• Professional Women in Building (PWB). As the national chair of PWB, Carol is going to be at PWB all day. You’ll find her at North 219. Get more involved by attending the PWB Membership, Legislative, Awards or Communications/ Education meetings. Laura will also be joining in on the fun at the PWB Communications/Education meeting from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Pre-Show: Monday, January 19
• Business Management and Information Technology (BMIT) Committee Meeting. Located in North 243, Level 2 from 10:30 to 1 p.m., join Mitch at the BMIT meeting.
• Designation Achievement Reception. Network with the mRELEVANCE crew during this annual reception, sponsored by Lowe's ProServices. Hosted from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino (LVH), Ballrooms A&B, the Designee of the Year Awards will be presented to the top honorees for NAHB's professional designations as well as Educator of the Year Awards for the top instructors.
• Gold Key and Platinum Club Reception. If you are part of the in crowd that donates to BUILD-PAC, then head over to Surrender Nightclub at Encore at Wynn Las Vegas for a fun night from BUILD-PAC. If you aren’t yet a member of the PAC, look for the BUILD-PAC booth during the show. Be sure to say hi to Mitch, Carol, Laura and Dave!
Day 1: Tuesday, January 20
• IBS Opening Ceremonies. From 8 to 9 a.m. at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino's Paradise Event Center, start IBS off right with the mRELEVANCE team at the Opening Ceremonies with ESPN analyst Jon Gruden and the shadow dancing troupe Catapult. Be sure to arrive early! Doors open at 7 a.m., and seating is first-come, first-serve.
• Digital Marketing Delivers: How to Create Engagement and Build Competitive Advantage. Check for availability of the HOT session that takes place from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at South 233. Mitch will moderate this three-hour master session featuring Kelly Fink of The Providence Group of Georgia, Corrine Bachman of French Brothers, Inc. and Janette Hawkins of Keystone Custom Homes. Attendees will learn how digital marketing attracts customers, how to use social media to engage and how to track traffic, lead generation and more.
• PWB Sweets and a Seat. Join Carol and other digital marketing divas as they host a variety of tech-savvy roundtables. Learn how to conduct a social media self review from Carol. Held in North 237 from 12:30 to 1:15 p.m., this technology roundtable discussion will describe how marketers adapt to maximize their online presence.
• The Nationals Awards Gala. The mRELEVANCE gang is dressing up and headed to The Nationals, held from 5 to 9:30 p.m. at Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino's Palace Ballroom. Pull off your black-tie best for a night of cocktails, networking, awards and dinner to pay tribute to the superior sales and marketing achievements by individuals and companies.
• Trulia's Cocktail Party. Were you invited to Trulia's cocktail party at Caesars Palace? If so, we'll see you there!
Day 2: Wednesday, January 21
• Do You Track Your Marketing or are You Afraid of What You'll See? From 3 to 4 p.m. in South 221, Mitch presents this Building Knowledge Session with Amy Cooper of Highland Homes and Jeremy Wright of Wright Homes, Inc. Learn what to track in online marketing, how to set up goals and which tools to use to improve conversion.
• NAREE's Media and Member Reception. At 4:30 p.m., Laura and Carol plan to head to the IBS Press Lounge for a drink (it has been a long day). Of course, they plan to network and learn the latest in luxury trends from Marc Thee, Co-Founder and Principal of Marc Michaels Interior Design, Inc. Will they see you there too?
• PWB Spike Party and Installation. From 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Wynn Las Vegas Surrender Night Club, mRELEVANCE will join the PWB as it thanks Carol for leading the council through 2014, and inducts Carole Jones as the new 2015 chair. “Congrats on a GREAT year, Carol!” PWB members who have been instrumental in council recruitment and retention will be honored at this event. Join them as they celebrate the hard work of the PWB, and watch the installation of the 2015 Board of Trustees and Officers.
Day 3: Thursday, January 22
• The State of Social Media 2015: Getting the Picture. Chad Davis of the NAHB joins Carol at the Tech Hub at 10 a.m. in South 229 to present this session. Attendees will get a broad look at the latest developments in social media imagery and learn how to position their company.
• IBS Spike Concert. Jam out with Mitch, Carol, Laura and Dave at this concert from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino's Paradise Event Center. A great way to close out IBS, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band ZZ Top will be performing. Come early, and grab a drink with us!
With this guide, we hope to stick out better than Waldo. IBS is only a week away, and we can't wait to see you there! For more details, visit www.buildershow.com.