Get ready for a morning full of fun, networking and of course some education. PR Camp Atlanta is a unique, highly interactive “unconference” that will discuss social media and its effects on public relations, marketing and communications.
This event is all about social media immersion. There will be no panels and no keynote speakers. The discussion moderators, called counselors, will simply facilitate discussion and offer their expert opinions. They will talk with you rather than at you. This event is centered around what you have to bring to the table – your opinions, your background and your comments. The discussions will be based on case studies and address three major topics:
- How to get clients and bosses to extend their interest in social media.
- How to help senior professionals tap the social media experience of junior colleagues.
- How to determine the best way to measure success with the blurring of the PR and marketing.
Even if you are a social media savant, you will want to attend this event to share your particular skills and experience and to network with the amazing board of counselors. This is the first conference of its kind and already has an all-star lineup for counselors (including mRELEVANCE Managing Partner, Carol Flammer):
- Katie Mingo, Senior Marketing Associate, Delta Airlines
- Marilynn Mobley, Senior Vice President, Strategic Counsel, Edelman PR
- James Andrews, Managing Partner, Everywhere
- Carol Flammer, Managing Partner, mRELEVANCE
- Chris Jones, Digital Strategist, Ketchum PR
- Melanie Babcock, Senior Vice President and Director Digital Strategy & Services, Manning Selvage & Lee
- Peter Fasano, Principal/Lead Catalyst, mass+logic
- Bert Dumars, Vice President E-Business & Interactive Marketing, Newell Rubbermaid
- Irfan Kamal, Vice President, Digital Strategy, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Jennifer Schmitt, President and Director of Client Strategy, CloudSpark
- Shirley Powell, Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications, Turner Broadcasting System
- Debbie Curtis-Magley, Public Relations Manager, UPS
PR Camp Atlanta will take place Friday, August 21st from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Georgia Tech Research Institute Conference Center. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. You can register online.