There are numerous reasons to have a corporate blog. Whether your blog is a stand alone site or the news section of your Web site, a blog should be a building block of your social media marketing, search engine optimization and Internet marketing strategy.
- Position your company as an expert on a topic or in a specific field.
- A blog can provide a relaxed platform for your company to engage buyers in conversations. This type of relationship marketing helps to build brand and relationships with your current and potential buyers.
- Search Engine Optimization – a properly built blog will help to optimize your corporate Web site.
- Fresh content – Google and other search engines love fresh content and a blog provides a format that is easy to add fresh content to.
- Reputation management – blogging on a regular basis is just one of many tools for a successful reputation management program. After all. . . When you Google your name, Do you like what you see?
Your blog and website strategy should complement each other. Make sure that you have a program in place to tie it all together. To consult on your Internet marketing and blogging strategy, contact mRELEVANCE.
If you are in the real estate industry and want to learn more about how a blog fits into your Home Builder marketing program, attend Carol Flammer’s seminar “How to be a Social (Media) Butterfly” at the International Builders Show in Vegas on Friday, Jan. 23 at 10:15 a.m.