Google+ debuted for the general public in late September, and is already an eighth the size of Facebook. With 100 million users, Google+ could over time become the next hot social networking site. Mashable reported in February that Google+ users spend an average of 3.3 minutes per month on the site. Compared to the 7.5 average hours Facebook users spend per month on the social media giant, Google+ obviously has room for improvement. However, Google+ is continuing to gain users and is now a crucial aspect of Google search, so business owners should not ignore this social media platform.
The recent launch of Search Plus Your World, which tailors your Google search results to meet your needs, has made Google+ a powerful factor in Google search. Anyone who is signed into Google when conducting a search will notice that the top of their search results now displays a “personal results” section, which is derived from information on Google+. This means that companies need to step up their Google+ game, so that they too can appear in people’s “personal results” section during a Google search.
Here are some tips for optimizing your business’ Google+ page:
- The title of your page should be the name of your business.
- Complete all of the information in your profile. The introduction provides a place to describe your goods or services, as well as the perfect place to include some of your keywords.
- Make sure your five main photos are relevant to your business. For example, if you are a sink manufacturer, you should include pictures of your products. Make sure to include some installed in kitchens as well. It is important to make sure these photos have relevant titles.
- Make sure your recommended links all point to your social networking profiles, main website, blog or related resources.
- Update your page frequently. The more active you are, the more likely it is Google will push your information to the top of Search Plus Your World.
- Link to and promote your Google+ page everywhere you can. By driving traffic to your Google+ page, you are more likely to increase the number of circles the page is included in.
Google+ definitely is still the new kid on the street when it comes to social media. But, now that Google has incorporated its social network platform with search, Google+ will become more important as an SEO tool. If you need help getting the most out of your Google+ page or need help developing a SEO strategy, contact Marketing RELEVANCE.